Thursday, March 09, 2006

published

I got word this evening that my biochemistry research at University of Richmond was finally published in the Biochemistry Journal. I had to go back and read about what I had done and won't bore you all with the detials of the project. It is exciting that it was finally deemed worthy of printing after all these years! If I get a link to it I will add it, but as of now, I don't think the article has been offically released.
We had hospital roations today with the urologist (had two patients, one with curvature of the penis and the other with bladder cancer) and tuesday was internal medicine (patient with severe abdominal distention due to neprotic syndrome (basically peeing a LOT of protein 0ut)). This evening we had night classes for the second time this week. It was an SGU grad and ER doctor from Williamsburg, VA. He made the time fly by in lecture. Too bad he only had four hours of lecture and can't come back and make other things more interesting.
I am also proud to report that so far (knock on wood) I have not seen another spider. I pray this remains the case for the next two months!
Another note, my dad has sold his house. The home I was raised in and for my dad it goes back even further back than that. For those of you unfamilar with it, there is no central heat or air just fans and gas heater in the hallway for those cold spells (and YES, they do have them in North Florida!). I think he might have one of the only houses without central heat or air, not too many still exist. So many memories of my mom and dad heating my clothes up at the heater and bringing them to my bed in the morning so I didnt' have to get up and put on cold clothes. Marshmellows in the fireplace, Zip lines in the backyard, being dragged down the uneven brick patio by the dog, the creeking of the wood floors, raking the yard, camping in the backyard, hammocks, sitting at the table till I finished drinking my mik and so many many more. My Dad has decided to move out and move in with his two older brothers into a house they all own. I imagine it will be an adjustment for all of them, but I think they will enjoy each others company. Perhaps they can revert back to their childhood activities of egg fights and pancake flipping contests. Even though I have not lived in that house for many years, I will miss it. I am sure who ever buys it will simply tear it down to build something bigger and better. Thankfully I have my memories to keep.
Ok, must go put the freshly washed sheets on my bed so I can get in my bed for some sleep!

1 comment:

The Schlosser's said...

1st of all, Congratulations on your research being publish - that is awesome. Although I probably won't be able to understand a word, I look forward to seeing it. 2nd, I'm sorry about your dad's house - that is a sad page flipping in the book of life. I'm sure the stories coming from the new house will be terrific - be sure to pass them along. Miss you. Love, Angie