Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My mind is on vacation

Exams ended on Monday and I have been in recovery since then. It was rough leading up to them and only having a weekend to basically cram for Pathophysiology was way too short. Good news though, they are over with and onto the last round in the Caribbean!!!! After the exam on Monday, a bunch of us went to lunch and then Brisbane Beach. The waves were outta control, I stayed in the calmer section (the part you can see in the picture) to keep my hair dry for my haircut later that afternoon. I did some major cutting, 4 inches. It is wonderful to have the length gone (see pic below)!


Today we had an exam review where we can see what we got wrong on the test and take our time to analyze. In theory this is educational but my mind was not working it is already on post-exam vacation and I didn't seem to even remember stuff from the first test on Friday (Pharm). It actually gave me a headache just looking at it!! Hope the knowledge stays in some part of my brain for boards.

We went to the hospital on Tuesday for our OB/GYN rotation. It was very interesting. First we saw tubes being tied and then the second surgery was a massive ovarian cyst. I definetly could sympathize with the patient. This is the same surgery I had in 2002 to remove the cysts in both my ovaries. Thankfully mine were much smaller and my ovaries could be resected. This patient had one massive ovary about the size of a cantalope. It was enourmous. I know how much pain it can cause. Towards the end of the surgery I started to feel faint and had to leave the OR before I passed out.

After class today JZ, JC and I went to check out the leeward side of the island. Was a crystal clear day to sightsee. It took over an hour to get to the Pirates of the Caribbean set. The views there were amazing. This is where they filmed Pirates 1, 2 and 3. I could tell why they picked that place it was breathtakingly beautiful (the second and third pictures in this post are from the set)
.

On Friday myself and four others will be leaving for our sailing trip to the Tobago Cays. I am so excited. JZ and I are cooking some chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes right now
In a hour we will be
watching the much anticipated LOST!!! I am addicted to that show. My only two shows are that and Grey's Anatomy.




No comments: