Monday, May 12, 2008

York

I took some days off mid week to go with Chantal to York. We went to visit Joan who was finishing up her last weeks of clinicals at the hospital there. We had an awesome time despite the very chilly weather. York was probably one of my favorite cities and I was wishing I had selected to do my rotation there instead of Aylesbury. It had so much to offer. There were the old Roman walls that are virtually all intact around the city that were added to in the medieval times. The York Minster (an awesome Cathedral) was stunning. We climbed to the top and almost got blown away in the wind. There is a road called The Shambles that was a sight to see. It was the butches street so all the houses are built angled inward to prevent the sun from shining down on the meat.




I loved this...this guy was playing the piano in the rain without a care in the world. I stood for what seemed like ages waiting for people to move so it was just him. When it finally happened, the shot was blurry. We had to run to meet Joan and I never got the shot I wanted. But I have the mental one. It was awesome!


The red line is the division between the Roman (below it) and the medieval (above it).


What was a cathedral that King Henry VIII had to have destroyed because they were making too much money.


Freezing on our walking tour.


York Minster


View from the top!


The Shambles


By the river Ouse

No comments: