Monday, May 12, 2008

Buckinghamshire

This is the place I called home for four weeks. The town I was in was Aylesbury. It was a small place and everything closed tight at 5:30. I did explore one day and found the old part of town that had a lot of character. I discovered it is the home of Roald Dahl and site of the film Clockwork Orange. The Waddesdon Castle was only a short bus ride away. I had been there previously with Andy and Hanne. This time all the flowers were in full bloom for the spring. I spent one Sunday at the Farm with the Harman’s (Henry and wife to be Lucy). We had a great time going door-to-door to visit with all the other Harman’s that live nearby and the rest that live in Chesham. It was great to see everyone and meet some new ones too. I had never had so much tea in one day. I was also lucky enough to have Hanne’s cooking twice while I was there. There was a big celebration for St. George’s Day the last week I was there. St. George is the patron saint of England. (St. Patrick for Ireland). There was a big festival in Aylesbury to celebrate. I’d like to think that perhaps they knew we were from St. George’s University and were having a good-bye party for us.




Waddesdon Manor


Market Square in Aylesbury






Down on the Harman Farm


View from Mary's


Archie (little Hannah's son) climbing in to check for eggs

1 comment:

The Schlosser's said...

G - I LOVE the update...and, as always, your pictures are amazing. I hope you're having a relaxing time in Brooklyn before you head across the world. Love, Angie