Monday, May 12, 2008

Bath

Bath has England’s only hot spring. The Roman baths were very elaborate. Too bad they wouldn’t let me get in the water! It was a cold day when I went and that water was so toasty! It did taste the water, it was horrible. I could only take two sips of the “healing water". I guess you would be healed if you could bear to drink that stuff. Hopefully, my two sips will do me for a long time. The city was beautiful with amazing views of the countryside everywhere you look. I took a walking tour of the city with one of the blue badge guides and that was just skimming the surface. I only had about five hours there and I would love to come back and see more.







Reflection of the floor onto the bath




Bath Abbey in the background


Someone was kind enough to take my picture


This is where you can sample the water

No comments: