Thursday, May 25, 2006

Week One of Bootcamp

I am already exhausted from the start, not a good sign. The hotel is way more than I had ever imagined for a holiday inn. It is acutally very nice and my room is great. I have everything I could need except a kitchen and laundry facilities. I did invest in a water boiler thing from Target, so i can make lots of stuff now. The food they give is is a "continental" breakfast which consists of only coffee, bread and some variation of egg. The lunch is huge. It is more of a dinner size meal than lunch but it is good. I joined a gym down the road two days ago. Figure if I am in bootcamp, I might as well be in shape. Went the last two days. It was good to get outta the hotel and realize there still is a world. The board prep stuff is consuming. Yesterday we managed to cover all of genetics in 8 hours and today we did embryo and gross anatomy (1 of 5 anatomy days). I already feel behind but I think this is normal. The outside of class time is meant to be used for only brief reviewing of the days material and doing questions to identify weak areas. I have yet to get a routine. But am trying really hard. The two hour season finale of LOST kinda interrupted my flow last night. I had to watch it though. It was insane how much happened in the episode. Luckily though, I have no more shows to watch and can keep the tv contained in its chest. Ok, my study break is coming to an end. I must get back to work!

No comments: