Monday, May 22, 2006

Holiday Inn

The last week has been hectic, but relaxing. I have managed to see a few of the people that I have missed so dearly. Lots of quality time with my mom and all the Howtons and by coincidence Angie too. She came in for a long weekend to celebrate Allie's law school graduation. It was perfect so I could see her before heading off to study. I was even able to go to ABH's birthday party. I can also report that I have a new cell phone to communicate with the world. No phonecards and no echo.
Last night, I saw Lucy and the family for dinner. She and Hank is quite the chefs and I can't imagine ever wanting to eat out if I had a dinner like that every night. Sure does beat the ramen, I have been eating. I am still trying to get used to the idea of being back for good. Such a different world from the Caribbean. It is rather chilly here. About 60s with some highs in the 70s. Angie told me I looked like winter with my longsleeves on! I don't miss sweating, but I sure don't like having goosebumps. Been doing lots of driving around for various errands and am proud to report that I have only done the "international salute" (turning on the windshield wipers instead of the blinker) about 5.
The car is all packed up for the drive up to Wilmington. I have way more clothing than I could possibly need. Hopefully, this will eliminate the need to do laundry. My 6 weeks of living in a hotel will be roomy compared to the hotel that the girls and I lived in up in Long Island. I'll have my own bed!!! A friend of mine taking her class in Chicago said the course isn't bad and she is enjoying it. I am optimistic that mine might be the same. I have posted a link on the right entitled "Sailing the Grenadines". These are from the day trip I took with some friends right before heading north.

No comments: