Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ready to go.....
I am all packed and ready to head north. I have no furniture or even a bed (other than the air mattress) but I have almost everything else I could need. Over the last week, I have spent some time searching through mom's sheds where my belongings had been stored for the last 3 years (with the exception of my clothes) and managed to discover how much stuff I have. Luckily there was only one disappointment.......the box storing my high school year books was not secured properly and had become home to some rodent (rat or mouse). This creature decided to eat part of the binding of one of my yearbooks. I was not to pleased about this and have since moved the books into the house. Another thing I discovered was that I have enough frames to give one to every person I know and still have plenty to keep for myself. Needless to say, I am not taking these items with me. Just more things to haul around and I am sick of moving my stuff from one place to another. I look forward to remaining in one place for at least a year! Once I finished the sheds, I hit the clothes and inside stuff. I found a whole lot of business clothes from my days at GHS. These will come in handy as I retire my flipflops and shorts.

My current plan is to head up with my mom to DC for P&B's Pig Roast followed by AY's Birthday Party! On Tuesday, I will be moving into my new apartment. I did indeed sign the lease when I met with the landlord last week. He wasn't as shady as I thought he might be. I also found out when signing the paperwork that three other people had also put down a deposit on the apartment. Not sure how we ended up being the lucky winners, but I am thankful we got it. After I move in, I am heading to the Jersey shore for a weekend UR reunion with LS and LR. This is gonna be followed by a week with Angie in Florida. We have a roadtrip planned to Key West. I am definitely enjoying this summer break as long as I can!!

1 comment:

The Schlosser's said...

I'm sorry to hear about your yearbooks. I understand your pain about all the frames. I did a frame dump when we moved, but I still have more than I need. Good luck with the move, enjoy the shore and I can't wait to see you! Love, Angie