Monday, July 24, 2006

Brooklyn, New York - my soon to be new home!

It has been a hectic weekend trying to get a place to live. I am currently waiting to hear back from the broker to say that my guarantors (Mom and Sam) are approved. Being a medical student with no income it becomes difficult to do anything without someone to back you up. I am thankful I have a family with the means to help me out. The place my roommate CL and I found is in the area of
Brooklyn we had wanted to live in. It is not the ideal place but
will definitely do for the next year. We spent two days searching for a place. We saw seven places in two days. On Saturday at 5 pm, we finally found one that met our needs. It was insane though, once we saw it we had to run (trying to keep up with the broker in her high heeled shoes) about 7 blocks to her office to contact the owner to let him know we wanted the place. The places in this area go as soon as they are listed. It is cut throat to get a place. I will be able to move in August 1st if all goes well.

After I meet with the landlord today and sign my lease (hopefully), I will then be able to head south to the farm to pack up for the move. It has been three years since I have seen my belongings. I can’t wait to discover all the things I forgot I had. No need to go shopping when I have so much already!

On another note, here are some pictures from the family reunion in FWB. You can see the rest if you click the link on the sidebar.

Crab Island









Me and Aunt Cathy









All the kids!










Sylvie with some sanddollars before she let them go.










Travis, my newest nephew!









The after sunset at the El Matador on Okaloosa Island.

1 comment:

The Schlosser's said...

Beautiful pictures! I can't believe you're going to be in Brooklyn - that's a short flight away! Yea! I'm definitely looking forward to our adventure to KW! See you soon! Love, Angie