Monday, July 10, 2006

No More Studying!!!!!

As of last night at 8:32 PM EST, I have called it quits on studying for this ridiculous exam. The damage amounted to 7 weeks, 49 days, of studying for 12-14 (or more) hours a day. It has been an experience. I never imagined that I could cram so many details into my head. I have diagnosed myself and everyone I know with every medical condition you could imagine. Despite all the work I am a little (well A LOT) scared and nervous. Will I be able to retrieve all of these random facts tomorrow. I pray somehow all the synapses are working and allow me to access this stuff.

So, on the 50th day, I have taken a break to rest up. As you can see in the picture, I need it! I have aquired some major bags under my eyes (about 3 per eye). My skin is very pale. And although the scale says I have not gained or lost weight, the distribution must changed either from the gym or from sitting for a total of 686 hours. As I put on real clothes (not scrubs or sweats), they are a little snug. I am gonna hope that it is all that muscle I built up at the gym!

For my day of rest, I went to the testing center today to check out the facilities, it seems fine. I'll find out tomorrow. Then spent a few hours shopping. Thank goodness it was a weekday and no one was out. The grocery store was empty too. Some man looked at me and said "no work today?" I hardly knew how to respond. This guy has no idea that it was my first day outside, out of the house for that matter, in over a week!

I can't wait to have a life that does not involve studying. Tomorrow at 8:30 AM I start the test. (This is the day I have been dreading since I started medical school.) Good news though after 5:30 PM EST tomorrow I will officially be on SUMMER BREAK. I head to FWB on an early morning flight and can't wait to see all my family! Please continue to pray that all goes well. It is much appreciated!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: