Sunday, April 16, 2006

28 days from now.......

I just got back from Grenada tonight. I had a wonderful time visiting the old roomies and seeing other friends. I wasn't sure how I would feel going back but it was an awesome time. I felt as if I hadn't left. Despite the Easter weekend where most places are closed, I was still able to eat at a number of places I had wanted to: Boulangerie, Nick's, Big Fish and was even some Glover's Pizza and a chicken wrap from Pearl's. When I was living there these were definetly not places I would have thought of missing. Not long after arriving on Friday I went to the beach with SM. The sun was so strong we didn't last but a few hours. On Saturday, I tried to go snorkeling in Flamingo Bay but unfortunately there was something in the water that was stinging everyone. Not sure what it was but perhaps "sea lice" or something similar. Either way I still have a rash from where it got me. Besides my fun outdoors I did managed to get hooked on the show "House, MD". Too bad there is no FOX here in SVG or else I would be watching it weekly. Not much else to report from my trip other than a relaxing time and I will miss that place. No telling if or when I will ever go back. Kind of sad, but good to move on. Soon enough, 28 days to be exact, I will be leaving this island too but I am not sure if it will be as memorable as my 2 plus years in Grenada.

JULY 11th I am set to take Step 1 of the USMLE! I just scheduled it online. Kind of weird that I will be taking it in the building right next to where I worked for a year at GHS. I hope the stars are aligned that day for me to do well. I will need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

The Schlosser's said...

July 11th is a big day for Joe too - it's his official first day in the AF. That is his Officer Training School start date. I'll be thinking of you both! Can't wait to see you in May! Love, Angie

FGT said...

Good that must mean its the right day to take it! If my grandmother were alive, Im sure she could do some astrology to figure out which day is best. But since she isn't, I guess I will have to take what I can get!