Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Communicating at last

This is my attempt to let my friends and family know what I am up to while living in the Caribbean. The post on this blog will most likely be my random thoughts and stories of my adventures as a medical student and new resident of St. Vincent. And will likely continue when I finally return to the states after being out of the country since August 2003 to continue my last two years of clinical rotations. Please bear with me as I do not enjoy writing (this is why I send so few emails to my family and they are always wondering what I am doing).

Life in St. Vincent has been treating me wonderfully so far and hopefully will continue to for the next 4 months. Since I arrived, I have further perfected the art of procrastination (this being one of the products). I have hiked 4,048 ft to the top of the volcano and still feel some of the effects in my aching muscles. I have gone to Young Island and dined on their pricey lunch buffet (which I didnt' think was all that great except for the amazing cinnamon bread) and lounged on the sand. Since we were not hotel guest we were banned from using the "hotel facilaties" (ie. hammocks, lounge chairs). I do have a bit of color on my skin (don't worry mom, I'm not burned) now too which is far better than my pale skin I had from hours spent studying last term in Grenada.

I will try to post fairly often, but we shall see how that goes when the pace picks up and my free time is non-existent. Until then......

6 comments:

Susi said...

Great!
Those pictures will look good here.
Choose the option on settings that makes comment posters type the code letters so the advertising robots don't post comments.
Love You, Mom

Susi said...

and you can delete obnoxious comments! Like this one! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love the idea of being able to keep up with you thorugh the blog. Joe and I need to do the same...with all the transitions that lie ahead. Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

yea - another blog to read! I loved the pics. Study hard but have fun too!

Love
Lucy

Anonymous said...

Hey Gwin!
I love your blog, although if I ever need to know something about you I can just walk into your room...haaha..anyway I love being roommates and we will have a fun semester making lots of cupcakes and eating poundcake too! Yumyum..ok later sweetie ~JaCe

Anonymous said...

Gwin~
You need to write about our wonderful first day experience at the hospital! I will never forget it now since we will probably be remembered next week when we go back..haahaa..ok thanks for waking me up this morning although after what has happened the last few days I really didn't want to be seen by a certain someone. Anyway thanks for putting up with me and being a great friend! Love ya girl~ JaCe