Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last post from Zanzibar

I am logging onto the internet for the last time here. I doubt I will be posting until after I return. Today was our last day at the hospital. It was a good last day. Our doctor who oversaw us was so sad to see us go.  Even sadder though was as I was gathering my bag I realized the baby on the cot next to it was dead. It was a week old infant that likely died from sepsis. Death here is so common. We saw two infants in the NICU yesterday that both died. I am so thankful for all I have and the medical care I can offer to my patients back home Anyhow, life goes on. On a happier note, we are going up north tomorrow to Nungwi and will snorkel the beautiful Mnemba Atoll. Then return early on Saturday morning to head to the airport. I fly from Zanzibar to Dar then Dubai then JFK then Dulles. Excited to sleep in my own bed and take a hot shower at the end of the trip! Still hoping I don't develop malaria from all the mosquito bites I have gotten. That is all for now!

1 comment:

aniat and all the mallyas said...

Thanks for the updates!! Best of luck to you in the future!! From all of us... :-)