Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sink or Swim...

Today was day one as a doctor (aka the intern). I survived. I did a lot of swimming, 14 hours to be exact, and somehow managed to keep all my patients alive! It was non-stop swimming. I am with the newborns and you would think that would be easy but let me tell you on your first day it is not a good idea to be left alone with all your patients and your "supporting" senior resident to go to clinic. It was a good day for learning though. I should be set for just about anything that comes my way. Thankfully the nurses are awesome and helped keep things going. Tomorrow has to be better!

I have been sorting pictures non-stop since I got back in between going to all the orientation stuff. I hope to have some uploaded asap but not sure when that will be. My apartment is amazing. I couldnt' ask for anything else. I picked up my new Camry Hybrid yesterday and love it. My brain isn't functioning anymore so I can't think of anything else to write. Ohh, I will be down in FWB August 25th to August 30th with Sylvie and Annabeth (I volunteered to childsitting on my vacation!). I can't wait. I love those little girls. More later when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Gwin - looks like a great first day - and your travels to Asia look rad!

Cousin Joe