Monday, August 14, 2006

Road trip

The trip to Key West was great. Angie and I managed to travel almost the entire southern part of Florida. This included Orlando, Tampa, Key West, Coconut Grove and many other random stops along the way. We met up with EC at city walk Universal Studios the night I arrived. Then it was onto Tampa the next morning. Ang's in-laws live there so we stayed with them for the night and left Foster (the dog) there while we were gone. We saw the Bodies exhibit there too. It was well worth the trip. It is an incredible site to see and thankfully these bodies did not smell like our cadavers we had back in anatomy! If you get a chance definitely go see the exhibit.
Our trip to Keys was a nice road trip. It took us through alligator alley. And yes, finally after much looking I did see about 4 or so gators sunning themselves in the canal alongside the road. I was very excited. After we crossed the 42 bridges we arrived in Key West. We did the standard tourist stuff. We saw the sunset off the Mallory Square, ate at Sloppy Joe's, went to the "southern most point", swam in the nice and bathwater warm pool and went out on the Western Union Schooner for a sunset sail and ended up staying for the stargazing sail.
On our way back north we stopped over in Coconut Grove (area of Miami). I wanted to see the area where my family had once lived. I wasn't able to see the house because it was recently torn down. It was my Grandmother (Dad's mom) house. It was a beautiful area and I would like to go back at some point. Yesterday we went shopping at the Millenia mall and ran some other errands.
Now, I am on my way back to Brooklyn to get settled into my place. I ordered a bed yesterday over the phone. I had no idea how expensive this would be! Thankfully, I convinced the mattress man to give me a great deal (or so I thought, 60% off). I will see shortly whether it was worth it. Not sure what I am gonna do with the rest of my break till I start my roations in September. There are lots of ideas floating around in my head. I will be posting pictures on the side bar from all the recent events (keys, dc, jersey shore, etc).

1 comment:

The Schlosser's said...

What an awesome time! Can't wait for more adventures in many years to come! Love, Angie