Sunday, August 20, 2006

First Week

Hard to belive I have only been here a week. It feels like so much longer. So far, I have managed to get a bed and a dresser. I know, it does not sound like much! I still must get some furniture to sit on besides grandma's card table and chairs. I am gonna go on a massive hunt tomorrow to find a couch! I am still happy with my place and am managing without ac. The picture above was taken from my living room. You can see the statue of liberty in the skyline. I joined a gym around the corner and am finding the other little shops that are in the area. The week ended with a dinner on Thursday with Liz, DT and VG to celebrate both mine and DT's birthday. We ate at this great place with Southern and Jamaican cuisine. Would love to go back again it was so good. For Friday, I had arranged for a bunch of us to go to a bar. It was an awesome time. It was so nice to see everyone I hadn't seen since before the boards. I put pictures up from both the birthday events on the right sidebar.

My plan right now for the rest of my break is to play tourista. I got some guide books today and am ready to go. I'll make sure to take my camera along to document the sites!

No comments: