Thursday, February 16, 2006

All in one week

Tomorrow I head to Barbados!!! I finished my exams on Monday. It was a marathon study session the last two weeks until it finally ended on Monday at 11:10 AM. As you can see in the picture, I had a lot to keep me busy. Mind you this is ONLY the material for Pathophysiology.
Luckily, both exams went well and I can now look forward to only four more tests here in St. Vincent and then comes the big USMLE back in the states. Scary thought!
Since the tests ended there has not be a lot of free time, but in the bit I have had I have caught up on my sleep and watch the entire first season of Lost. I have been addicted to the show, but hadn't had a chance to go back and watch the first part till now. Man, its great. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I wish I could say I went to the beach but in between the full week of classes and small groups it seems to manage to rain every time we even mentioned going. I am crossing my fingeres for good weather this weekend. I need some sun (no, not a sunburn, just some good ole Vitamin D). There are five of us who have rented a house on the beach for a very good deal. I hope its as good as it looks. You can check it out here. I just found out that coincidentally some good friends from Grenada are gonna be there too. Can't wait for the reunion. I was last there two years ago and had a great time and know there is good food. I dont' even like Mexican food (as most of you know!) and I am dying for this place there that has the best nachos ever. I'll let you know how it goes.

We had our hospital roation today, Trauma. Was really cool. We got to take the history, do vitals, examine the patient and then fix him (well the real doctor did this part). He had been in a fight and got a laceration from a cutlas (aka machete) from someone on his wrist and leg. The one on his wrist severed the tendon and required the doctor to reach into the wound and search for the other end of the tendon. He managed to find it (I dont' know how!) and held it tight while he stitched the two ends together. The patient seemed pretty happy, but I think that was due to all the pain meds. He was smiling and didn't seem to mind the doctor pulling and pushing around in his wrist. Saved him a trip to the OR, so I'm sure that would make anyone happy.

Ok, off to dream of something other than school.

1 comment:

Susi said...

Sorry we had such a rotten connection: Loooong delays, etc
Thanks for the update. Hope you get lots of good food. Love You, Mom