Tuesday, February 21, 2006

30 minute flight to civilization

I'm back from Barbados. It was an amazing trip. After the thirty minute flight there, we arrived to a cute beach bungalow, Green Tara. The owner of the bar/restaurant next door managed to open the place, despite not having a set of keys. He did some "fishing" with a stick to reach the keys inside. The place was adorable, right on the beach Since there was no a/c we had the windows open all night and I was able to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean. I must say Barbados is the closest thing I have seen to FWB. The sand isn't as white, but it sure is close. We were on the windward side (south east coast) so the water was a bit rough and ideal for surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing. A bunch of my friends are huge fans of all these activities and this is the main reason we stayed here. It worked out nicely. There was a resort 5 minute walk away we could use their facilities for what amounted to 2.50 US per day. So I spent two full days there and got a little bit of sun. Just what I had planned to do! The rest of the time we were at the Mexican place, Cafe Sol, eating some great food. I had the marinated chicken nachos as appetizers that I split with Julie each of the three times we went. I would go again tomorrow if I could!!! The highlight of my trip was meeting up with Mandy (old roommate) and Aviv. They are both still in Grenada and I miss them dearly. We weren't able to spend that much time together due to different groups going different places but the little bit was priceless.
Next trip will hopefully be to the Tobago Cays. There was a school trip there this last Sunday and everyone was raving about how beautiful it is. I can't wait to see for myself.
Now to do some much needed studying to avoid the cram session I had for the last exams.

No comments: