Thursday, August 23, 2007

No More Surgery For Me
Here are pictures from my birthday celebration. It conveniently coincided with the end of my surgery rotation, as well as the end of my third year of medical school. All the fun has ended though and I am deep into studying for my Step II. This includes both a practical and a written exam. On Monday, I have the practical part where I have 12 patients to do history and physicals. I get to go down to Atlanta for it! I wish I could have taken it closer but that wasn't possible. At least I get to go down south and be reminded of how nice people really are. (They aren't that pleasant here in NY.) I am still taking my Kaplan class for another week and a half and then I am on my own for studying for the second part of the Step II. It is so hard to sit still and study. I feel like I might have ADD. I joined the YMCA on Monday and figure I must get some exercise in since I will be sitting studying till mid September. I take my test Sept 20th (unless I feel ready sooner, highly unlikely). It has been really nice to be able to sleep in finally. I still wake up way earlier than I think is normal but it is sure better than going to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning. The weather here has been pretty sucky and cold. It makes me dread the thought of winter coming. Ok, thats all for now. Must go study!

No comments: